The WebSite Devoted to all things Gastronomical and the Study of the Effects of said Cuisine in tandem with the Universe, Humanity and the Lord Almighty. *Quantum Physics are the stuff ,dreams are made of. * JB *We should all look to our roots for the knowledge to grow from.* JB

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

WorkOut can be an Escape with discipline.

Well, I have after about four years gone back to working out, praise God. Let's not forget that a healty body can put one's mind, and soul in harmony.

Eating less is not a problem, I just skip heavy portions and concentrate on fruits and vegetables. If I cut out cookies and other sweets , I can still get my fat balance from the butter sauces I create and taste at work.

Since work often means I am to be tasting product for quality. The time spent at work can be detrimental to my succeeding at balance diet. I have approximmated a curve if you will which lets me stay heavy on protein and mineral rich foods and zero out carbs, unless I'm not at work in which case I eat a regular three square meals..

Running is my new adventure. The prospects of my enjoying running seemed unlike my waist , very slim, until a few monthes ago. I have always been overweight for my age and height, throughout basic training, I ate a strict diet and workout many times every day. I still came out with spare tire (although admittedly shrunk).
Now it seems that with every running session I can do more than the last. My mile has gone from 10 mins 30 Secs, For one mile, to an improved 8 min average over three miles. Also I hae been concentrating on my upper arms, lats, triceps, benchpress, military press and other upperbody workouts.. I like the challenge of getting better and since I came to the game so late I feel no anxiety about what other people are doing. I am liking the grace that muscle control gives the body, I really enjoy how even though you are working for the expirience , and it's hard to push yourself, when you can "Zone out" on a run, it's possible to crank the mile your on right into nothing and you've also managed to regulate your heartbeat. That's the key to running distance; heart rate targeting. It's huge and allows the body to remain constant in a high stress situation. Also by generating healthy stress on your body , all the other unhealthy stress in a simple day becomes dim in comparison.

The important part is that even though it's hard . It wouldn't be rewarding if you just got it handed to you , you have to work for what you want.

I wonder if that's how I'll make my first million dollars?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

That's great that you have motivated yourself to start running. I think getting started is the hardest part, and once you get into a routine, it just becomes habit- a good habit! I have been thinking about taking up running (in my case, it's really jogging-too slow to be called a runner) again. I miss that "getting into the zone feeling" that you describe. Don't need any equipment except some shoes and some space outside to do it. And signing up for those 5k races makes for a good incentive to keep running and keep improving your time. Keep on, keeping on my good man!

1:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home