The WebSite Devoted to all things Gastronomical and the Study of the Effects of said Cuisine in tandem with the Universe, Humanity and the Lord Almighty. *Quantum Physics are the stuff ,dreams are made of. * JB *We should all look to our roots for the knowledge to grow from.* JB

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Dinner, Dinner, Might be great, Not to late.

For dinner on Sun. Feb 5 , I served;

Horseradish Encrusted Pan Seared, Maine Raised Filet of Beef Tenderloin.
Whipped Yukons & Roasted Vegetable Putanesca. Drizzle of Red Wine Reduction. $30


Wood Fired Butcher's Cut Breast of Pheasant
& Roasted Shallot Oil Leg of Pheasant Confit

Petite Rosemary Homefries & Braised Broccolli Rabe $26



While I had a great time making these specials , the shortcoming of them was marked by a lack of sales. The beef Tenderloin sold only three orders not so important because we need the filets for the woodgrill anyway, Even more distressing was the Pheasant, of which I prepared three 3 birds , for six orders. One for all the front of house and linecooks to see and try . The other I sold to , ( I heard one waiter say to Micheal Mc M..... Something of the him being from the Doobie Bros. That was the only order of Pheasant that I sold. Yet I need to check on this , that guy might have been able to hear me sing China Rose>


This might be a cool way for me to , get my demo tapes out there. When I get to be a groovy famous Chef. Like Emeril and Regis Philbin combined. Except on God's Side..


Peace Ya'll ..

2 Comments:

Blogger Ernesto Burden said...

I would have ordered the pheasant -- if you'd have promised me that I'd be full at the end... I'm always getting game bird dishes that couldn't fill up a fox, much less a big, clodding lout like me. (though a leg and a breast should do it!) Both dishes sounded lovely, though. What's horseradish taste like when you sear it? Does it really change the character of it?

8:15 PM

 
Blogger Jimmy James said...

Ernesto, actually the steak was pan seared, and the Horseradish crust dough went on after and was blasted in the oven to finish. Sorry about the misconception.
Yes I think the Pheasant would have filled you up. Lots of different flavors. Game Month!

10:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home