The WebSite Devoted to all things Gastronomical and the Study of the Effects of said Cuisine in tandem with the Universe, Humanity and the Lord Almighty. *Quantum Physics are the stuff ,dreams are made of. * JB *We should all look to our roots for the knowledge to grow from.* JB

Friday, March 10, 2006

PSO Benefit Dinner

Last Monday night I was presented with a real treat.
Portland Symphony Orchestra hosted a benefit dinner for it's patrons.
The catering was done by course from a selection of the finer restuarants in Maine.

The Harraseeket Inn was present and I went as part of the delagation.
With The Maine Dining Room's chef Matt Duly, Broad Arrow Tavern Chef, Alan McGrath, and Executive Chef Lyden from the Inn

Also present were owner/chefs, executive chefs, sous chefs,pastry chefs & line cooks
from Hugo's , Cinque Terra, Five Fifty Five and Fore Street.

The army of talent in the kitchen was amazing and I was glad to meet and talk to all the talent that was present that night. I was able to find a few connections for part time work. Also a few places where I may shadow for a few hous and then eat at one the finer restuarants for my time at work. So I would get to work and learn new things and then, eat a great *(usually expensive meal) for free.

cool that would be like washing dishes , before dinner. (Not really)


More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home